Celebrating Our One Year Blogging Anniversary (1st of 6). Understanding “The Two Structures of God’s Redemptive Mission.”
Lighthouse and Flint and other Illustrations to Help the Reader Understand Ralph D. Winter’s “Two Structures” Theory
Dear reader, I started this blog one year ago. Thank you for believing in our mission:
- Sending a thousand new missionaries to the unreached peoples in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Studying the Bible to understand Ralph D. Winter’s theory, “Two Structures of God’s Redemptive Mission.”
- Teaching history to understand how a catastrophic “mission ice age” descended on the Protestant churches at the beginning of the Reformation.
- Staying in School: Recommending hundreds of books on mission topics.
- A Hero Can be Anyone: Featuring religious and humanitarian organizations that are changing the world.
A year ago I presented eight illustrations to help the reader understand “The Two Structures of God’s Redemptive Mission. Here they are, a click away:
Dear reader, our mission is to send a thousand new missionaries to the regions beyond because the world cannot end like it is now, not with the promises of God. A few thousand Christians will want to be like Christ not only in their sentimental hearts but in their obedience to His Great Commission. Then it will be said of them, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.”