Celebrating Our First Anniversary Blog (6th of 6). Presbyterian Missions: Personal Observations
I applied to the Presbyterian Church for missionary service in a Muslim country in 1989. My application sat on a desk at the denomination headquarters, unprocessed, “like a ham at a bar mitzvah.” After four months I called up to see if there was something further I should do to complete the application. This is the story of what happened next.
- My Application Sat There Like a Ham at a Bar Mitzvah
- Presbyterian Mission Becomes “Church-to-Church Relations”
- Which is it? “Go?” or “No Go?”
- An “Open Sesame” Event of Considerable Interest Occurs in Iraq
- An Iraqi Priest Writes to Louisville on My Behalf
- Personal Observations Forty Years On